"Pull my hair out, I'll buy some more."
Yes, Selita Ebanks just said that.... *BBM "raised eyebrow" face*
Tonight, the 2011 Rip The Runway BET special aired. The hosts this year were none other than the sexy Selita Ebanks and Mehcad Brooks. The stage was graced by fashions by Rachel Roy, Aldo, Louboutin, and many more. Artists to perform included Lloyd, Melanie Fiona, Keri Hilson, Fabulous, and other famous faces. The show itself brought the usual high energy, technicolor vibe enjoyable for the BET audience. While this is all dandy, I must say I'm a bit disappointed in the styling of several lines. It seems as if there was a lot of cliché to cancel out the chic; there was a lot of plain and not enough #POW. Then again, I can see where looks were put together to appeal to the urban audience. The lines were (for the most part) "ready to wear". I really liked the Quan Smith line (with Miguel rocking the stage and an appearance from some familiar #ANTM faces).
 |
| Miss Keri, Baby! I've got some shoes just like that... |
 |
| Lloyd looks good. Period. |
 |
| The graceful Selita Ebanks. |
 |
| What can I say? I have a secret crush on the Wiz. |
Photos by Michael Loccisano/Getty Images North America
No comments:
Post a Comment